- Scotland (April 2005)
- A long and intense week: two days in Edinburgh and a six day drive to the
Isle of Skye. Highlights include dozens of lochs and castles, and a trek in
Glen Coe as well.
- Ireland (August 2004)
- Similar to the 2001 travel, with an emphasis on the south and west coasts, including a stop in county Mayo, but no Northern Ireland.
- Southern and Central France (August 2003)
- Four weeks around Provence, Languedoc, Auvergne, Aquitaine and Loire
- Spain and Portugal (August 2002)
- A three week train tour in Spain and Portugal main cities: Barcelona,
Madrid, Seville, Salamanca, Porto, Lisbon and a swim in Algarve.
- Ireland (August 2001)
- A two week fly-and-drive in Dublin and all around EIRE, with a short stay
in Northern Ireland too.
- Chicago & the USA (August/September 2000)
- Two months as a summer student in Chicago and many weekend trips all over
the US (I even crossed the Canada border!).
- Netherlands, Belgium and Northern France (August 1999)
- First long train travel, divided between museum stops in Amsterdam and
Belgium and outdoor tourism in Northern France.